Richard Campbell, Rushcreek Township Zoning Inspector
P.O. Box 88
Bremen, OH 43107
740-569-7181 Extension #12
Duties of the Zoning Inspector
1. Upon finding that any of the provisions of the Rushcreek Township Zoning Laws are being violated, a notification in writing shall be made to the person responsible for such violation(s), ordering the action necessary to correct such violations.
2. Order discontinuance of illegal zoning, uses of land, buildings, or structures.
3. Order removal of illegal buildings or structures or illegal additions or structural alterations.
4. Order discontinuance of any illegal work being done.
5. Take any other action authorized by the Rushcreek Township Zoning Laws to insure compliance with or to prevent violations of the laws. This includes the issuance of any permits; making and keeping records necessary and appropriate to the office including records of issuance and denial of zoning permits; collecting designated fees for zoning permits, appeals, variances, and conditional uses; and such similar administrative duties as are permissible under the law.
Fairfield County, Ohio
Rushcreek Township Zoning Commission: Board Members
Duties of the Zoning Commission
1. Review all proposed amendments to the Rushcreek Township Zoning Laws in accordance with Section 7.1 and make recommendations to the Township Board of Trustees.
2. Review all planned unit developments and make recommendations to the Township Board of Trustees.
3. Review all proposed new zoning resolutions and make recommendations to the Township Board of Trustees
Terry Borah *2018
8460 Pleasantview Rd.
Bremen, OH 43107
Jim Downard *2020
1885 Mt. Zwingli Rd.
Bremen, OH 43107
* = Term Expiration
Rushcreek Township Board of Zoning Appeals: Board Members
Duties of the Board of Zoning Appeals
1. To hear and decide appeals where it is alleged there is an error in any order, requirements, decision, or determination made by the Zoning Inspector.
2. To authorize such variance from the terms of the Rushcreek Township Zoning Laws as will not be contrary to the public interest where, owing to the special conditions, a literal enforcement of Rushcreek Township Zoning Laws will result in unnecessary hardship, and so that the spirit of the laws shall be observed and substantial justice done.
3. To grant conditional zoning permits as specified elsewhere in Rushcreek Township Zoning Laws and under the conditions specified and such additional safeguards as will uphold the intent of the laws.
4. To authorize the substitution of non-conforming uses in accordance with Section 5.6B or the expansion of a building containing a non-conforming use in accordance with Section 5.6C.
5. Duties of Zoning Inspector, Board of Zoning Appeals, Legislative Authority and Courts on Matters of Appeal
PART TIME ZONING INSPECTOR
Rushcreek Township Board of Trustees are Accepting applications for a Part-Time Zoning Inspector. Resume should be submitted to Rushcreek Township, Attn: Zoning, P.O. Box 88, Bremen, Ohio 43107.
The Zoning Inspector performs a variety of functions including; administrative, code enforcement, planning & zoning review and inspection. Responsibilities include: Code enforcement, plan review and recommendation(s). Work with Zoning Appeals and Commission boards. Salary range $2,000-$2400 based on qualifications.
Minimum qualifications: high school diploma or equivalent, valid Ohio driver’s license, organizational, time management, computer and strong interpersonal skills. Comfortable interacting with general public, ability to learn and interpret township zoning rules and county requirements.
Rushcreek Township Board of Trustees are asking for volunteers from Rushcreek Township to serve on the Zoning Commission. The Zoning Commission is responsible for review and updates to township zoning rules and policies. Maintaining contact with Fairfield County Regional Planning for future planning effecting the Township. Appointed term length: 3 years. Interested residents wishing to serve the community on the Zoning Commission may contact Rushcreek Township Trustees at 740-569-7181 Ext #10 or email the firstname.lastname@example.org.