Zoning questions or completed forms can be directed to Detria Hiles:
Phone: 740-569-7181 ext 12
Duties of the Zoning Inspector
- Upon finding that any of the provisions of the Rushcreek Township Zoning Laws are being violated, a notification in writing shall be made to the person responsible for such violation(s), ordering the action necessary to correct such violations.
- Order discontinuance of illegal zoning, uses of land, buildings, or structures.
- Order removal of illegal buildings or structures or illegal additions or structural alterations.
- Order discontinuance of any illegal work being done.
- Take any other action authorized by the Rushcreek Township Zoning Laws to insure compliance with or to prevent violations of the laws. This includes the issuance of any permits; making and keeping records necessary and appropriate to the office including records of issuance and denial of zoning permits; collecting designated fees for zoning permits, appeals, variances, and conditional uses; and such similar administrative duties as are permissible under the law.
Rushcreek Township Zoning Commission/Zoning Appeals Duties
Duties of the Zoning Commission
- Review all proposed amendments to the Rushcreek Township Zoning Laws in accordance with Section 7.1 and make recommendations to the Township Board of Trustees.
- Review all planned unit developments and make recommendations to the Township Board of Trustees.
- Review all proposed new zoning resolutions and make recommendations to the Township Board of Trustees
Duties of the Board of Zoning Appeals
- To hear and decide appeals where it is alleged there is an error in any order, requirements, decision, or determination made by the Zoning Inspector.
- To authorize such variance from the terms of the Rushcreek Township Zoning Laws as will not be contrary to the public interest where, owing to the special conditions, a literal enforcement of Rushcreek Township Zoning Laws will result in unnecessary hardship, and so that the spirit of the laws shall be observed and substantial justice done.
- To grant conditional zoning permits as specified elsewhere in Rushcreek Township Zoning Laws and under the conditions specified and such additional safeguards as will uphold the intent of the laws.
- To authorize the substitution of non-conforming uses in accordance with Section 5.6B or the expansion of a building containing a non-conforming use in accordance with Section 5.6C.
- Duties of Zoning Inspector, Board of Zoning Appeals, Legislative Authority and Courts on Matters of Appeal